By Paula Kane Robinson Arai
Read or Download Women Living Zen: Japanese Soto Buddhist Nuns PDF
Best buddhism books
During the last century, Buddhism has end up visible as a global faith, exceeding Christianity in durability and, in keeping with many, philosophical knowledge. Buddhism has additionally more and more been defined as strongly moral, dedicated to nonviolence, and devoted to bringing an finish to human anguish. and since it locations this kind of robust emphasis on rational research, Buddhism is taken into account extra appropriate with technology than the opposite nice religions.
Chacune des grandes religions est porteuse de sagesse. C'est le aspect de départ de cette assortment qui suggest 20 méditations pour penser sa vie et donner du sens à son lifestyles. Faut-il chercher à tout savoir ? Sommes-nous responsable de ce qui nous arrive ? Peut-on maîtriser ses émotions ? Doit-on souffrir pour se réaliser ?
This publication explores modern practices in the new establishment of foreign meditation facilities in Thailand. It discusses the advance of the lay vipassana meditation circulation in Thailand and relates Thai Buddhism to modern procedures of commodification and globalisation. via an exam of ways meditation facilities are promoted the world over, the writer considers how Thai Buddhism is translated for and embodied inside of foreign travelers who perform meditation retreats in Thailand.
Sangharakshita introduces us to the fantastic global of 3 of the best-loved Mahayana sutras - an international from which we emerge with treasures within the kind of teachings and recommendation which are an exceptional help in tips to dwell our lives within the daily international. From the transcendental critique of faith and the technique of unification provided through the Vimalakirti-nirdesa to the sunshine shed on economics, ecology and politics by way of the Sutra of Golden mild, those commentaries supply a distinct and deeply significant point of view at the worth of human lifestyles.
- Maitreya's Sutras and Prayer
- Power, Wealth and Women in Indian Mahayana Buddhism: The Gandavyuha-sutra (Routledge Critical Studies in Buddhism)
- DAS DRITTE AUGE und der Ursprung der Menschheit: Spektakuläre Erkenntnisse zur Herkunft unserer Zivilisation (German Edition)
- buddha no jissen shinrigaku dai sankan shinjyo no bunnseki abidanma kougi series (Japanese Edition)
- Sacred Economies: Buddhist Monasticism and Territoriality in Medieval China (Sheng Yen Series in Chinese Buddhist Studies)
- Bouddhisme et philosophie : En quête d'une sagesse commune (Théôria) (French Edition)
Additional info for Women Living Zen: Japanese Soto Buddhist Nuns
Women Living Zen: Japanese Soto Buddhist Nuns by Paula Kane Robinson Arai