By Kristin V. Monroe
Read Online or Download The Insecure City: Space, Power, and Mobility in Beirut PDF
Similar middle eastern history books
This publication is a translation of 1 of crucial Turkish scholarly works of the twentieth century. It was once the masterpiece of M. F. Koprulu, considered one of Turkey’s major, and such a lot prolific, intellectuals and students. utilizing a wide selection of Arabic, and particularly Turkish and Persian assets, this ebook sheds gentle at the early improvement of Turkish literature and makes an attempt to teach the continuity during this improvement among the Turks and that of Anatolia.
With the Iranian revolution as her point of interest, Seliktar deals a scientific research of predictive failure in international coverage on the paradigmatic, coverage, and intelligence degrees. Seliktar first examines how social technology paradigms verify conceptualizations of political swap, after which applies that evaluation to knowing New Internationalism, the Carter administration's international coverage philosophy on the time of the Shah's fall from energy.
The query of nationalism centres round the political, social, and cultural methods through which the concept that and perform of a country is built, and what it ability to its a variety of bearers. This booklet examines the difficulty of Jewish-Israeli nationalism, combining a sociological research of nationwide tradition with a close research of Israeli nationwide discourse.
Of profound value in past due antiquity, the Sasanian Empire is almost unknown at the present time, other than as a counterpoint to the Roman Empire. during this hugely readable historical past, Touraj Daryaee fills an important hole in our wisdom of worldwide heritage. He examines the Sasanians’ complicated and vibrant narrative and demonstrates their distinctive importance, not just for the advance of Iranian civilization but additionally for Roman and Islamic historical past.
- Israel's Reprisal Policy, 1953-1956: The Dynamics of Military Retaliation (Cass Military Studies)
- The Middle East in Turmoil: Conflict, Revolution, and Change: Conflict, Revolution, and Change (Hot Spot Histories)
- Leaders in War: West Point Remembers the 1991 Gulf War (Cass Military Studies)
- Gendering Culture in Greater Syria: Intellectuals and Ideology in the Late Ottoman Period (Library of Middle East History)
- The Contemporary Middle East: A Westview Reader
- Justinian and the Making of the Syrian Orthodox Church (Oxford Early Christian Studies)
Additional info for The Insecure City: Space, Power, and Mobility in Beirut
The Insecure City: Space, Power, and Mobility in Beirut by Kristin V. Monroe