By Sergio Fabbrini
The eu Union - a supranational method with its personal institutional features and autonomy - has a constitution and sensible common sense that are extra just like these of the united states than these of eu kingdom states. but, commonly, the ecu and the U.S. are typically analyzed extra as capability geopolitical and fiscal competitors or allies than in comparison as institutional friends.
By bringing jointly essentially the most influential political scientists and historians to check the ecu and American reports of federalism, Democracy and Federalism within the eu Union and the United States explores the long run improvement, and seeks a greater knowing, of a post-national eu Union democracy. This publication involves 3 middle components:
- how the ecu has built and the results of the method of eu federalization
- the positive aspects of yankee federalism, tracing the highbrow debate that ended in the approval of the yank federal structure in 1787
- the way forward for eu Union.
This is vital examining for all scholars of ecu politics, democracy and overseas relations.
Read Online or Download Democracy and Federalism in the European Union and the United States: Exploring Post-National Governance PDF
Best ideologies books
Terrorism, protection and Nationality indicates how the information and strategies of political philosophy may be utilized to the sensible difficulties of terrorism, country violence and nationwide id. In doing so it clarifies a variety of concerns in utilized political philosophy together with ethics of battle; theories of country and state; the connection among groups and nationalisms; human rightss and nationwide protection.
Because the Roman Empire, leaders have used ideology to prepare the hundreds and instil among them a standard cognizance, and both to beat, assimilate, or repel replacement ideologies. Ideology has been used to assist create, defend, extend, or tear down political groups, states, empires, and neighborhood or global structures.
What makes humans lose religion in democratic statecraft? The query turns out an pressing one. within the first a long time of the twenty-first century, electorate internationally have grown more and more dissatisfied with what was a loved excellent. starting up an unique theoretical version that explores the kinfolk among democracy, subjectivity and sociality, and exploring its relevance to international locations starting from Kenya to Peru, The country we are In is a must-read for all political theorists, students of democracy, and readers involved for the way forward for the democratic perfect.
Der begriffliche Dreiklang Demokratie, Diktatur und Gerechtigkeit benennt zentrale, miteinander verknüpfte politikwissenschaftliche und gesellschaftspolitische Themen des 20. und 21. Jahrhunderts. Der Band bietet aus normativer, theoretischer und empirischer Perspektive cutting edge Fragestellungen und Erkenntnisse zu den unterschiedlichen Facetten dieser Trias.
- Euro-Mediterranean Relations After September 11: International, Regional and Domestic Dynamics
- Zu: Max Weber - "Politik als Beruf" (German Edition)
- Zur Geschichte der Wehrpflicht mit besonderem Fokus auf Deutschland und zur Diskussion um das Für und Wider ihrer Beibehaltung (German Edition)
- Right-Wing Radicalism Today: Perspectives from Europe and the US (Extremism and Democracy)
- Democracy: What the West can learn from China (The Art of Media Disinformation is Hurting the World and Humanity Book 1)
- Mit Marx zur Marktwirtschaft?: Eine Neuerung der Marx'schen Arbeitswerttheorie (Wissenschaftliche Beiträge aus dem Tectum-Verlag 82) (German Edition)
Extra info for Democracy and Federalism in the European Union and the United States: Exploring Post-National Governance
Democracy and Federalism in the European Union and the United States: Exploring Post-National Governance by Sergio Fabbrini