By Ewan W. Anderson,Liam D. Anderson
This revised and up to date model of An Atlas of center jap Affairs provides available, concisely written entries at the most vital present concerns within the heart East, combining maps with their geopolitical historical past. delivering a transparent context for research of key issues, it contains historical past themes, the placement of the center East on the earth and profiles of the constituent countries.
- Clearly and thematically organised sections masking the continued significance of the center East, the heritage, basic matters, the states and the the most important matters regarding the area.
- Original maps built-in into the textual content, putting overseas matters and conflicts of their geographical contexts.
- Case reports and exact research of every kingdom, whole with proper statistics and key facts.
- Coverage of primary issues, such as:
- water shortage
- the petroleum industry
- conflicts and boundary issues
- A complete extra analyzing part, allowing scholars to hide the subject in additional depth.
Updated to incorporate fresh advancements reminiscent of the "Arab Spring," this ebook is a necessary creation to undergraduate scholars of political technology and heart East experiences and is designed as a major instructing reduction for classes regarding the center East within the parts of politics, historical past, geography, economics and armed forces reports. This booklet can be a great reference resource for libraries and somebody attracted to those fields.
Read or Download An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs PDF
Similar middle eastern history books
This e-book is a translation of 1 of crucial Turkish scholarly works of the twentieth century. It was once the masterpiece of M. F. Koprulu, one among Turkey’s prime, and such a lot prolific, intellectuals and students. utilizing a wide selection of Arabic, and particularly Turkish and Persian resources, this e-book sheds mild at the early improvement of Turkish literature and makes an attempt to teach the continuity during this improvement among the Turks and that of Anatolia.
With the Iranian revolution as her point of interest, Seliktar deals a scientific research of predictive failure in international coverage on the paradigmatic, coverage, and intelligence degrees. Seliktar first examines how social technological know-how paradigms be sure conceptualizations of political switch, after which applies that evaluation to realizing New Internationalism, the Carter administration's overseas coverage philosophy on the time of the Shah's fall from energy.
The query of nationalism centres round the political, social, and cultural methods during which the concept that and perform of a state is developed, and what it capability to its a variety of bearers. This ebook examines the problem of Jewish-Israeli nationalism, combining a sociological research of nationwide tradition with an in depth research of Israeli nationwide discourse.
Of profound significance in overdue antiquity, the Sasanian Empire is nearly unknown this day, other than as a counterpoint to the Roman Empire. during this hugely readable background, Touraj Daryaee fills an important hole in our wisdom of global historical past. He examines the Sasanians’ complicated and vibrant narrative and demonstrates their specific importance, not just for the improvement of Iranian civilization but additionally for Roman and Islamic historical past.
- The 2008 Battle of Sadr City: Reimagining Urban Combat
- Literature and the Islamic Court: Cultural life under al-Sahib Ibn 'Abbad (Culture and Civilization in the Middle East)
- The Kurds: A Concise History And Fact Book
- Sykes - Picot (1916): Acting for the Dotted Lines
Extra info for An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs
An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs by Ewan W. Anderson,Liam D. Anderson